You, the special event holder, will most likely be required to provide proof of liability insurance to the facility/venue where you have decided to hold your special event. In addition to providing proof (in the form of a piece of paper known as a Certificate of Insurance) to the facility/venue that you have secured a liability insurance policy, you may also be required to add the facility/venue to this required liability insurance policy as an insured. This is known as adding the facility/venue as an Additional Insured to this liability insurance policy, which the facility/venue requires you to purchase before you will be allowed to hold your special event. The practice of a facility/venue requiring that all persons or entities renting or using the site name them as an Additional Insured on a General Liability insurance policy is quite common. It is so common, in fact, that the required Additional Insured wording or language is generally contained within the Insurance Requirement section of the Facility Rental Agreement or Facility Use Agreement.

What is an Event Holder?

The person, organization or company responsible for the organization and promotion of the special event and typically the signer of the rental facility use agreement.

What is Host Liquor Liability?

Host Liquor Liability Insurance is included with all of our policies and provides protection for the event holder/concessionaire against bodily injury or property damage suits brought by parties injured as a result of an intoxicated guest who was served alcohol at an event you hosted.

What is Special Event General Liability Insurance?

Special Event Liability Insurance (also referred to as CGL, Commercial General Liability or Spectator Liability) is an insurance policy designed to provide broad protection for situations in which an event holder must defend itself against lawsuits or pay damages for bodily injury or property damage to third parties. Host liquor liability is included if there is no transfer of money for alcohol.

Who is protected under a Special Event General Liability Insurance policy?

The policy protects the person or business/organization under whose name it was purchased (the “Named Insured”). Your facility and any vendors for your event can also be added as Additional Insureds.

Does the policy cover alcohol-related accidents?

Your policy includes Host Liquor Liability to protect against alcohol-related accidents. Liquor liability is an option that can be purchased for an additional premium for covered events that sell and profit from alcohol sales.

How far in advance must I purchase a Special Event General Liability Policy for my event to be covered?

A Special Event General Liability Policy must be purchased at least 1 week before your event starts. It can be purchased up to 1 year in advance of the event date.

Get in touch!

Tell us more about your special event, we’d love to hear about it. Plan a visit, request more information, and check our availability using this link: